Whenever I see old furniture lying on the side of the road, I often wonder if certain parts could still be put to good use — old drawers, for example. After all, those dressers and wardrobes cost a pretty penny at one time. Here are a few ways to repurpose old drawers and give them a new lease on life.
1. Hang a drawer upright on the wall, either glue a cork board on the inside or paint with magnetic paint, and then cover with wallpaper or gift wrap. Voilà! — your new bulletin board is complete.
2. Or hang a drawer directly on the wall without any fancy extras. One like this with divided compartments makes for a beautiful shelf on its own.
3. Paint several same size drawers different colors and create a fantastic shelving collage.
4. As a variation of the above, transform one of the drawers into a mirror. You can custom order a piece of mirror glass to fit whatever size you need.
5. It’s easy to customize the inside of old drawers with shelves or wire to hold small items like nail polish bottles and earrings, for example.
6. Or add hooks and smaller dividers for organizing necklaces and bracelets.
7. In this case, the hooks are made from old wooden spools. If you don’t already have some old spools to hand, they are available here.
8. Why stop there? Here’s dual-purpose jewelry hanger and decorative shelf!
9. Drawers posing as a lamp can save you some table space.
10. If you screw two drawers together and attach legs, it makes a great storage space for a hallway or living room.
11. Or put a lid on the drawer if you prefer to keep your bits and bobs out of sight.
12. Outfit a large drawer with wheels and a glass top and you have a beautiful and practical new coffee table.
13. Do-it-yourselfers with a few upholstery skills can convert a drawer into an attractive cushioned bench.
14. Snacks, snacks and snacks. A great idea for buffets!
15. Don’t forget Fido or Fluffy — drop an old pillow into a drawer and you have a cozy new place for your furry friend to snooze!
16. Spruce things up even further for a dog who really appreciates a bit of style.
17. In case you were wondering what you should do with the old drawer-less chest, here’s your answer:
18. A mixture of drawers hung together can create a lovely headboard with lots of storage space. Your nighttime reading will never be too far away.
19. Screw on some wheels, fill them up, and under the bed they go. A good way to use every nook and cranny.
20. What about a little breakfast in bed?
21. You can even plant a tiny garden. In this case, make sure to protect the bottom of the drawer from water by lining the inside in plastic.
22. A miniature garden pleases the eye and creates a calm atmosphere.
23. These lovely planters bring the fresh smell of spring inside.
24. Turn an old chest of drawers into a little girl’s dream dollhouse.
25. These small drawers are the ideal size to display antique family photos.
26. Attach old knobs next to one another on a board to create a new place to hang jackets.
27. Or just use the whole front piece of the drawer.
Next time you’re thinking about getting rid of an old dresser, hopefully these photos will come to mind. It’s a pity to throw away something that can be used in so many different ways. Every piece, from door to knob, has the potential to make your home look like it belongs in an interior design magazine. Have you thought of another idea we haven’t? Let us know in the comments!
90% of people who completed this program lost over 12LBS in a week. Try it HERE or click the image above